Thursday, June 19, 2014

I've Always Loved the Idea of SUMMER... And SUN... And All Things HOT!!!

Phew! I can't believe today is finally here. It was my LAST day of school yesterday. We actually had the last day with students on Friday, but we had PD days until yesterday. There were times this year when I really wondered if I was going to make it to today!

Now, I've had a doctor's appointment (boo) and a pedi (yay!) and I'm feeling a bit refreshed already.

So, is it crazy to start working on a to-do list on the first day of summer? If so, I am nuts. :)

As a grade level, we decided we are going to try something new this school year. We have an Open House before school starts, where students and their families come in and find out who their teacher is. I usually put something kinda generic on the bulletin board (this year I'm thinking I might go with an Elephant and Piggie theme) where I post my students' names. But then, a week or two passes and I realize - OOPS! I need something else up on the bulletin board. So one of the girls on my team suggested maybe giving students "homework" at Open House and posting them on the board outside our rooms as they come back in. Genius!

So, I'm working on this:


(It's still a work in process, and I'm trying to find some good fonts with Spanish characters to use for my bilingual coworkers.)

Other things on my list?


Continue working on my notebook and folder labels to put on TPT. I have the ones I'm using for my class done, but I want to add some that I don't need but other TPTers might. (If you have any ideas, let me know!)

Make a book cover banner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one from Kinder-Craze!


Make new curtains for my shelves. Seeing all the junk on them drives me nuts, so I want to get them covered up! However, I don't sew, so we'll figure that out.

And I want to READ! I'm planning on reading:
 

 



And, of course, spends lots and LOTS of QT with my cuties! (My son turned 2 a couple weeks ago and my daughter turns 4 in August... It's crazy how quick time flies!)

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...