On the bright side, we started new units in ALL subjects today... Holla! Well, I love our plant and Kevin Henkes units, which we began today, so I'm in a happy lesson planning place. :)
I worked away during my break to get my plants unit updated.
This is what the old unit looked like. It makes me want to throw up a little. So I did a little PowerPointing, and this is the result:
What's included in this unit:- Unit planner for 10 days of lessons
- Suggested books to read aloud
- Instructions for all activities
- Plant life cycle mini book
- Labs including observing soaked bean seeds, fruits with various seed types, growing bean plants, and water transportation
- Root, fruit, and leaf sort
- Flower facts craftivity (NEW for April 2013 update)
- Original plant song
- Unit assessment (NEW for April 2013 update)
If you'd like to grab the unit, click on the picture above to take you to my TpT store!
We did the first activity today, a RAN (a form of a KWL that allows for misconceptions... Which we all know firsties can have a LOT of!):
(Those kiddos are inquisitive - our Post-Its of questions spilled into the misconceptions box! Gotta get smaller Post-Its!)
Tomorrow, we're going to start talking about the life cycle of a plant. I made this little freebie for you to snag:
Also, I thought I'd post my Currently April. :)
It's about time to call it a night... I am in for a LONG day tomorrow!